Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Catching up on cards!

Hello and welcome back! Today's post is not for a blog challenge, but a personal one. I started off the year pretty motivated to continue sending birthday and anniversary cards, and was successful in January, mailing 20 cards. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon in February and March, and went totally dark in April and most of May. So, I'm recommitting myself to get back into the swing. I mailed 9 cards today to finish off May and start June, and I'm planning to send cards to everyone I've missed since the beginning of the year. They won't be birthday or anniversary cards, just a note to remind them that I'm thinking of them.

The cards I mailed today were not original creations, but designs I CASEd from Pinterest. 


My son and daughter-in-law have their first wedding anniversary coming up, so I found this design on Pinterest and tweaked it just a bit. I have so much of this Summer Smooches DSP in my stash, I could make thousands of these cards! 


This card is for several of my friends and family who have wedding anniversaries coming up. I found this design here


I also created a stash of birthday cards which should get me at least halfway through June. Several versions of this card are on Pinterest, but I got my inspiration from Erica Cerwin's blog.

I also pulled a get well card from my Paper Pumpkin stash to send to a friend who recently had hip replacement surgery.

I love sending "happy mail" and hope that this burst of energy is enough to inspire me to keep going for the rest of the year. And to everyone who waited for the card that never came the last few months, they're on their way - eventually!




Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!
--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):
Card #1 --Stamp set - Milestone Moments
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, and Real Red Cardstock, Summer Smooches DSP (retired)
Ink - Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Accessories - Real Red and Daffodil Delight 1/2" cotton ribbon (retired), Pearl Basic Jewels
Tools - Big Shot, Lots of Labels Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots TIEF (retired), SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots


Card #2 --Stamp set - Teeny Tiny Wishes, Flourishing Phrases (inside card)
Paper - Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, and Flirty Flamingo Cardstock, Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP
Ink - Dapper Denim
Accessories - Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Bakers Twine (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Stylish Stems Framelits, Petal Burst TIEF, Modern Label punch (retired), Tombow Multi Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals


Card #3 --Stamp set - Birthday Blast
Paper - Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock, 2016-2018 In Color DSP Stack, Brights DSP Stack
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Tempting Turquoise, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum
Accessories - Whisper White Bakers Twine, Silver Sequin Trim
Tools - Banner Triple Punch, Handheld Stapler and Mini Staples (retired), SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!