Friday, December 1, 2017

PP 372, Ink 148 & SUO 188 - Hearts Come Home

Hello and welcome back! Today I've got another Christmas card. My son and DIL are coming home for Christmas this year - it will be the first time I've seen them since they got married a year and a half ago! - so the sentiment on this card really speaks to me!


The Inkspirational challenge this week was to create a Christmas card using only neutral colors. I could have gone with some others to be a bit more subtle, but I like the boldness of the black and vanilla. It would be easy to add some color just with some ribbon or colored mats.

I love the Hearts Come Home stamp set and coordinating thinlits and I'm so glad they are keeping them in the catalog! I added some retired DSP and ribbon, matted with black cardstock, to complete the card. Pretty easy! The hardest part was lining up the houses and the trees since this set is not photopolymer.

I also added some Clear Wink of Stella on the windows, but you really can't see it, even in the close-up photo. Someday I'll figure out how to photograph that better! :)



This card is entered in the following challenges:

The sketch challenge at The Paper Players


The designers choice challenge at Inkspirational Challenges


And the winter holiday challenge at SUO Challenges.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Hearts Come Home
Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock, Basic Black and Very Vanilla Cardstock, Typeset Specialty DSP (retired)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Very Vanilla 1/4" Satin Ribbon (retired), Clear Wink of Stella
Tools - Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindi, I'll bet you can hardly wait for your Son & DIL to visit! I'm sure it will be a wonderful Christmas for your family! And, speaking of wonderful, your card is stunning. I love the black and vanilla and the perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stamped, elegant card with a great fun image. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is a wonderful colour combination with a darling elegant result. What a gorgeous project and just perfect for our Holiday challenge. We are so glad you joined in the fun at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card Cindi! How excited that your son & DIL will be home for the holidays. Your card is perfect for that occasions. And you lined up those houses perfectly. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for our challenge at Inkspirational! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your family this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!