Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Special cards for special people!

Hello and welcome back! I've got a couple of cards today that are not for challenges. A friend of my son got married last week. They've known each other since elementary school, and he is a very sweet and thoughtful young man. I sent this card to him and his new wife.


In the photos I saw on Facebook of the wedding, the bridesmaids were wearing dresses that were a dusty plum color, so I thought this would be the perfect color combination for this card. The base, stamping, and ribbon are Perfect Plum and the layer is Smoky Slate. I added a doily for interest and stamped on that as well.

The other card I sent out today is for my niece who just passed the test to become a Registered Nurse. She has worked so hard to get there, and even had a baby in the middle of her studies last summer! This is what I made for her.


I loved this stamp set as soon as I saw it in the new Occasions Catalog, and it will be so much easier to use when I get my new Stamparatus! I used Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, and Soft Sky for the stamping, and the card base is Early Espresso. Here's the inside:


I found this punch owl idea on Pinterest and just had to use it! 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! 

--Cindi



Supplies used - wedding card:

Stamp set - For the New Two (retired)
Paper - Perfect Plum and Smoky Slate Cardstock
Ink - Perfect Plum
Accessories - Delicate Lace Doilies, Perfect Plum 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
Tools - SNAIL

Supplies used - congratulations card:

Stamp set - Amazing Congratulations
Paper - Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Real Red, and Basic Black Cardstock
Ink - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Soft Sky
Accessories - Pool Party 1/4" Cotton Ribbon (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Owl Builder Punch (retired), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (retired), SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine-Tip Glue Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!