Saturday, May 9, 2020

Happy birthday!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for a special birthday - a cousin is turning 60! Birthday celebrations are hard to plan during these difficult times, so I wanted to make an extra special card for her. Here it is:



I loved these dies when they first came out, but still hadn't taken them out of the package - not unusual for me! I still have some of the Grapefruit Grove foil paper from last year in my stash, so I decided to layer that with some Basic Black cardstock for the butterflies. I used a multi-purpose adhesive sheet on the back of the black cardstock so it would stick better to the foil layer - some glues just don't work well on that foil paper. There's some very subtle stamping on the Pool Party layer just to add a bit of texture, and the sentiment is also layered with some of the foil. I felt like it needed just a little something else, so I added the ribbon. The butterflies that got trimmed off from the front were added to the inside.



This card is for the birthday challenge at Stampin' Up Only Challenges.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Peaceful Moments, Beauty Abounds
Paper - Merry Merlot, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Pool Party Cardstock; Grapefruit Grove Foil Paper (retired)
Ink - Merry Merlot, Pool Party
Accessories - Whisper White Polka-Dot Tulle Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Butterfly Beauty Dies, Layering Circles Framelits, Multi-purpose Adhesive Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

6 comments:

  1. Cindi, Miss you. This card is really great. Your card designs are so nice...went back to Sept. 2019. I so enjoy your designs....well done, all of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cindi, what a great use for this foils - I still have mine, too, now I have to try this! Great use of these dies, they make a great birthday card! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grapefruit grove foil for the butterfly die that you made for our SUO birthday challenge. The shine is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creation with us and we hope you will join us for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the foil paper you used. That really sets of the black. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zwei wunderschöne Schmetterlingskarten!
    Vielen Dank, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

    Liebe Grüße -
    Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the foil paper on your butterflies, so fancy! Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in our gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!