Tuesday, October 18, 2022

You Are The Best!

 Hello and welcome back! The choir director at my church is celebrating a special birthday this week and I was asked to make a card for the group to sign. Here's the card:

I used the color challenge at As You See It for inspiration.


I wanted to make a slimline card because it has a bit more space for folks to sign it, so I pulled out my Slimline Dies. I originally thought about just using blending brushes to create the colored background behind the black chevrons, but then decided to cut that piece out of all of the colors and piece the brighter colors back in. The good news is, I now have enough parts to make 3 more cards, just with different combinations!

The chevrons alone were a little boring, so out came the Pierced Blooms Dies! I really like this color combo!

I had originally created a bow for the card front but couldn't really find a place where it fit, so since this card will be hand delivered, I figured, why not put it on the envelope? :)



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - In Bloom, Alphabest

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic Black, Mango Melody, Parakeet Party, Starry Sky Cardstock

Ink - Starry Sky, Parakeet Party, Mango Melody

Accessories - Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Parakeet Party and Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Slimline Dies, Pierced Blooms Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. that's so beautiful Cindi - I love the impact of all the flowers tumbling down the front of your card and the envelope is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at As You See It. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a colourful cascade of florals, Cindi! I love the chevron background as well. Thanks for getting colourful with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, as our Featured Artist for this Challenge, you have been invited to be our Guest Designer. Please check the email address you used for your entry for all the information you will need and get back to us as soon as you can! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!