Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Peaceful Christmas

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This design is for the challenges at Just Add Ink, Inkspirational Challenge, and Tic Tac Toe Challenge (right column - red or green, patterned paper, die cut).




So right now, I'm in the midst of my Christmas card-making frenzy! I always put it off till the last minute and then lose my mine mid-December! I decided to pull out a couple of old Paper Pumpkin kits from prior years and make some alternatives, along with making the cards just how the kit is meant to be. I love the many alternative ideas on Pinterest, but I came up with this one to match the sketch challenge. Lucky for me, it also fits the other two challenges!

Items from the original kit include the vellum trees, the woodgrain sentiment banner, the sparkly gems, and the solid and gingham Shaded Spruce layers. I got those layers by cutting up an envelope. I added the Basic White Thick Cardstock card base, the Basic Black layer and Nested Essentials die cut, and the black glittery ribbon.



I should have planned the glue dots on the vellum trees to be a bit more random, since I used the gems to cover them up. 

I may try a couple more alternatives, but I'm running out of time, so soon I'll be back to either making kits the way they're intended, or raiding my stash for already completed cards!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Peaceful Christmas (October 2021 Paper Pumpkin)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic Black Cardstock, elements from PP kit

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories - Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon, sparkly gems from PP kit

Tools - Big Shot, Nested Essentials Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Your vellum trees look amazing against the black background. You've used the kit bits and pieces so well. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!