Monday, December 29, 2014

The cobbler's children have no shoes...

It's now 4 days after Christmas and I finished making my Christmas cards last night! Based on a post I saw on Facebook last week, it seems that many stampers I know had not mailed their cards yet just before the 25th - hence, the title of my post. The cobbler's children have no shoes, and the cardmakers have not mailed their cards!

My plan is to get them in the mail today and call them holiday cards. I've written "Happy New Year!" inside, so hopefully, they'll be in time for that holiday. I'd like to share my cards with you. I was inspired to CASE some really clever cards from a couple of demonstrators who used Paper Pumpkin kits.

My first cards were CASEd from Marisa Gunn. She used the kit from November 2013, which originally had only 4 cards, to make 6 cards and 2 tags. I purchased several refills for the kit, and was able to make 30 cards. You can see Marisa's post here. I made very minor changes to her designs.


November 2013 kit cards
Stampin' Up! products used:
November 2013 Paper Pumpkin kit and 4 refill kits
Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock

The rest of my cards were totally CASEd from Rachel Tessman. She used the kit from November 2014, which originally had 8 cards and 12 tags, to make 80 cards! You can see her post here. This was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. She is soooooo creative in her use of everything, including the negative space from punched objects! 




November 2014 kit cards
Stampin' Up! products used:
November 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

If you'd like to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, and receive your own box of creative inspiration every month, click here. Each kit comes with everything you need to create a fabulous project. And you can also find lots more ideas for each kit on Pinterest.

That's it for today. Time to address my "holiday" cards and get them in the mail!

Thanks for stopping by , and have a great day!

Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!