Sunday, March 1, 2015

CYCI 59 - Sketch Challenge

Hello again and welcome back! This week's challenge at Can You Case It? is a sketch challenge.



And here's my card:



While our website provided the sketch, my personal challenge has become to use stamp sets that I haven't inked up yet, and color combinations that I haven't tried yet. I've gone through my current sets and turned every set that I haven't used on its side, so they're easier to find. And when I saw this color combo in my Color Coach, I was a bit surprised that I hadn't used it yet, since blue is my favorite color! 

When I stamped the main image, I thought it was a bit stark, so I sponged all over with Marina Mist ink to soften the image. And I think the pearls add just a bit of elegance with the simple ribbon bow. (As a bonus, this ribbon is one of the weekly deals through Monday!)

This card was pretty quick and with simple changes to the color combination and the sentiment, could be used for just about any occasion.

Come join us at the challenge this week - we'd love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Cindi, this card is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi, this is such a pretty card. Love the combo of blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Very chic! I think I need that set. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi, I agree with the others very cute card! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!