Sunday, October 25, 2015

TGIFC#26 - Thankful Challenge

Hello and welcome back! Today's project started out as a going-away thank you gift for a special person, so it turned out to be perfect for the TGIFC Challenge this week!



Here's the first photo of my project, with more to follow, along with explanations and instructions:



Our church's pastor of care ministries is moving to North Carolina, and today is her last day with us. She has gotten me through some rough times over the past several years, and I cherish her friendship. I am very thankful that she has been in my life, so a simple going-away card was not going to cut it! So I turned the card into a mini album!



I got the idea from Pinterest (don't we all?!), from Sarah Willis. You can find her tutorial here. I wanted something a bit smaller, so I made mine using 4 note card envelopes. My inspiration for this album was the Banner Blessings photopolymer stamp set, but I wanted to expand on that. I stamped each of the images from Banner Blessings onto Whisper White cardstock and fussy-cut them out. They were layered onto various shapes and then attached to cards made from the old Sale-a-Bration Irresistably Yours DSP which were sponged with matching inks. Tabs made from matching ribbons were stapled to the cards, which were then backed with matching solid cardstock. Each one was tucked into one of the envelopes, and those were also embellished. Here is what the rest of the album looks like:











All of the sentiments on the envelope pages were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The sentiments on the front and inside back covers were embossed with white embossing powder, as were the vellum flowers on the front cover.

So here are the numbers for my version of the envelope mini album: The base was cut 5-3/8" x 7-7/8" and scored on the long side at 3-5/16" and 3-15/16". The layers on the envelopes are: color cardstock 3" x 5", white cardstock 2-3/4" x 4-3/4", DSP 2-5/8" x 4-5/8". For the front and inside back cover, the white cardstock layer is 3-1/4" x 5-1/4" and the smaller layer is 3-1/8" x 5-1/8". The insert cards are 3" x 4-7/8". 

The following products used are all retired Stampin' Up!: Pretty in Pink cardstock; Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzazz chevron ribbon; Melon Mambo and Marina Mist organza ribbon; Melon Mambo and Marina Mist dotted ribbon; Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon; Irresistibly Yours, Polka Dot Parade, Sunshine & Sprinkles, and Nursery Nest DSP; old-style Brights Designer Buttons; Rhinestone Brads; Large Pearl Jewels; Hearts Framelits; and the Petal Potpourri stamp set. All current products will appear below.

I hope Patsy likes this album. I'm sure going to miss her!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!