Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Musical Birthday Card

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is a birthday card I made for a very special person - our church choir director. Her birthday was on Thursday and we had a little celebration after rehearsal. Naturally, I volunteered to provide a card for everyone to sign. Here's what I made:



Her favorite colors are pink and black, and I wanted the card to have a vintage feel, so some of the products I used were "vintage" Stampin' Up! It's a bit bigger than a standard card - 5 inches by 7 inches - to allow everyone to have room to write a message. The base is Very Vanilla, with Basic Black and Blushing Bride layers. The music notes in the background are from an old Stampin' Wheel and the sentiment is from Endless Birthday Wishes. The little music note paper clip came from my stash, as did all of the ribbon (Very Vanilla seam binding, Blushing Bride chevron, and Basic Black taffeta). You can see my ribbon stash here.

A few months ago, I unmounted all of my wheel stamps and mounted them onto cling foam. They are much easier to use and take up a lot less space in my craft room!

The card was a hit with the choir members and with the director. Happy birthday, Jen!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!