Saturday, January 9, 2016

SIP #29 - Sketch Challenge

Hello and welcome back! It's been quite a while since I posted - December was a very busy month! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! But now the holidays are over and it's back to real life. Today's card is for the sketch challenge at Stamp Ink Paper.



And here is today's card:


Unfortunately, I've had a need for sympathy cards recently, so I thought I'd use this sketch to make a few. Thoughts & Prayers always seems to be my go-to set for this type of card, even though there have been new sets since this one came out. I stamped the tree in Perfect Plum directly onto a doily, then stamped the sentiment in Versamark on vellum, embossed it with silver powder, and punched it out with the 2" circle punch and layered it on top. (I used some non-SU Tombow Vellum Adhesive for this. Just rolled it on behind the words so it would be invisible.) The banners are cut from "vintage" DSP from my stash. Although this color is still in the collection, I liked these more muted patterns from the past for this card. I added the "vintage" 1/4" taffeta ribbon from my stash as well.


That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. Cindi your sympathy card is just beautiful!! I love how you layered the sentiment in vellum over the tree image! Very nice! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindi! What a beautiful sympathy card. I love the softness that the vellum layer added! Thanks for joining us at SIP for our sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, this is a lovely sympathy card. I love your use of the doily and the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi, you created such a beautiful card for the sketch this week! Beautiful colors for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper CHallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How elegant and beautiful, Cindi. A perfectly tasteful sympathy card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!