Wednesday, January 20, 2016

TGIF Challenge #38 - All About Pets!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card was inspired by the challenge at TGIF. It's all about pets today!


We have two cats at my house - Grace and Arthur - who make us crazy sometimes, but we love them! Here's a picture of them together - not an easy task!



And here is my card:


I don't know why, but there are no cat stamps in my stash. Hard to believe, since I own so many stamp sets! So I decided to try some punch art. It's not something I do often, but I found lots of inspiration on Pinterest. This was inspired by a card made by Jen Shults, which you can see here. And now that I've just linked that post, I notice that I have forgotten to add the whiskers! Oops! I'll have to edit this, but I need to get it done in time to enter in the challenge.

Hope you like my whisker-less kitty! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

--Cindi

Added after midnight!

Here's a new photo with the whiskers added!



And now I have time to describe how I made this cute little fellow!

The base of the kitty is Soft Suede cardstock, the accents are Crumb Cake, inside of the ears is Blushing Bride and the nose and eyes are Early Espresso. I used the Circles Framelits to cut out the body and head and the white part of the eyes, the center of the eyes is the 3/4" circle punch with little 1/16" holes for the accents. The area around the mouth was punched with the XL Oval punch and then notched with the old small oval punch. The nose was punched with the Triangle punch, then I rounded the corners with my snips and drew the mouth with the brush end of my Early Espresso marker. The pointy "stripes" on the sides were punched with the old 5-point flower punch, then the petals were cut apart. The feet are punched with the old small oval punch as well. The ears were punched with the old Pennant Builder punch. I sponged the edges of every piece with matching ink before assembling the kitty.  Oh, and the whiskers are thin strips of vellum attached with a glue dot. I had originally planned to make this kitty into a card of its own, but decided I liked it better on a standard card base. He/she reminds me of my cats when they lay down on the floor and tuck everything in. You can't see their tails or their back paws, and sometimes you can't see the front ones either!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!