Sunday, June 4, 2017

SIP#101 & FMS#290 - It's Graduation Season!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the graduation challenge at Stamp Ink Paper and the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.



And here is today's card:


I didn't think I'd have any use for a graduation card this year, until a friend I've known for about 50 years posted on Facebook that she was receiving her Master's Degree in Music. In the world of academic regalia, the master's hood for music is pink, so I knew I needed to incorporate that color in the card. The brand-new In Color, Powder Pink, is perfect! Luckily, I just received my first order from the new catalog so I had some new product to use. 

The card base is the new Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock - I love this for card bases! I added a layer of Powder Pink and then a layer of regular weight Very Vanilla, which I stamped with the "vintage" Music Notes Stampin' Around wheel stamp. (I have unmounted my wheel stamps, but that's a subject for another blog post.) The new Sheet Music background stamp could also be used here, but I don't own that one - yet! The half circle of Pear Pizzazz is embossed with the retired Square Lattice embossing folder, and then the seam is covered with some of the fabulous new Finely Woven Ribbon. A bow was added as a final touch, along with some stamping on the envelope flap. All stamping is done with Chocolate Chip ink.



I'm so proud of my friend for going back to school and furthering her education. I know how hard it is to do it later in life - I was 47 when I graduated from college with my Bachelor's Degree!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Suite Sentiments (retired), Music Notes Stampin' Around Wheel (retired)
Paper - Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock; Powder Pink, Pear Pizzazz, and Very Vanilla Cardstock
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Circles Framelits (retired), Square Lattice TIEF (retired), SNAIL, Mini Glue Dots 

1 comment:

  1. So perfect for your friend's Master's in Music! I love that you incorporated the academic color and used the music paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!