Thursday, June 1, 2017

SUO#175 & MM#499 - A Special Birthday Card

Hello and welcome back. Today's card is inspired by the Mainly Masculine challenge at SU! Only Challenges and the sketch challenge at Mojo Monday.


And here is today's card:


My oldest son is turning 30 next week - how did that happen? - so these challenges provided the perfect opportunity to create an over-the-top card for that special milestone.

The base is Dapper Denim cardstock, cut 5-1/2" by 11" and folded to create a 5-1/2" square card. I added a layer of Vellum cardstock, cut 5-3/8 by 5-3/8 and embossed with the Brick Wall embossing folder. Next, another layer of Dapper Denim cut 3-1/2" square and layered with a 3-1/4" square of Smoky Slate embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder. I then added a piece of Bermuda Bay striped grosgrain ribbon, notching the ends, and another layer of Dapper Denim cut 4-1/4" by 1-1/2" with a piece of "vintage" Smoky Slate patterned DSP cut at 4-1/8" by 1-3/8". (I also used that paper to make the envelope.) The stitched shapes oval is popped up with dimensionals, as are the numbers cut with the Large Numbers Framelits from the Bermuda Bay glimmer paper that was available during Sale-A-Bration this year.


And of course, a special birthday requires that the inside of the card also be special. I don't usually do much with the inside, but I made an exception this time!


The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate, the confetti in Bermuda Bay, and the balloons in Dapper Denim, with Bermuda Bay bakers twine strings. Before I send it, I'm planning to punch some confetti from the Bermuda Bay and Silver glimmer papers with my Confetti Hearts and Confetti Stars punches. I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he opens it up - NOT! At least it won't be at my house! :)

I've got six more years until my baby turns 30, so maybe I'll adjust by then. 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Balloon Adventures (retired)
Paper - Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White cardstock, Vellum Cardstock, Neutrals Background DSP (retired), Bermuda Bay glimmer paper (retired)
Ink - Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate
Accessories - Bermuda Bay striped grosgrain ribbon (retired), Bermuda Bay bakers twine (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Brick Wall TIEF, Lucky Stars TIEF (retired), Large Numbers Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Balloon Bouquet punch, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. I love this card. I love the simplicity and elegance and the colours. Great project and just perfect for our Masculine Challenge. So glad you joined the fun with SUO Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!