Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Crocheting a temperature blanket - part 2

Hello and welcome back! It's hard to believe, but this is my 100th post! I think it's fitting that it is not a stamping-related post, but a personal one. You may remember that back in January, I posted about a blanket I was creating for my son and daughter-in-law for their first anniversary. (You can find that post HERE.) Anyway, their anniversary has come and gone, but I have finally finished the blanket! 

It turned out a bit bigger than I expected - I guess I crochet too loosely - but the blanket is more than 6 feet square! Lots of room for them to cuddle up under it when the weather turns cooler. But I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing together, so here are two pictures so you can see all the colors.



As you can see, it stretches a little more than end to end on this twin bed, and folded in half, covers it side to side as well.


I tried scrunching it up to get the whole thing in, but it didn't work very well! You can see the top corner where the blanket was started, then worked in diagonal rows to the bottom.


Here is the final corner with the red sparkly yarn for their anniversary. I also added this yarn for Christmas and Valentine's Day.

I had originally planned to edge the blanket with either white or off white, but since I had so much of the royal blue left over, I decided to use that instead.

I'm shipping it off to them tomorrow, and enclosing the two cards below to show them how the colors work.




The first is the color chart with samples of the yarn used, and the second is the temperature chart I used to determine the colors. I also wrote them a note on the back to explain it.

I don't think they'll be able to use it for a while, but I hope they like it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!