Wednesday, May 9, 2018

How quickly can you make a card?

Hello and welcome back! It's been ages since I last posted, but I've got to get caught up on my card sending, so here's one I made for a cousin's upcoming wedding.



If you follow me, you know that almost all of my cards are designed to meet the requirements of a blog challenge, and this one is no exception. The challenge at As You See It Challenges was to create a card only in shades of gray and to complete it in less than 10 minutes. I've never done a speed challenge before, so this was a good way to get back into creating. I needed a little more guidance, so I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches to help with that. (FYI - this card was completed in 8 minutes and 21 seconds!)

The card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock (my favorite!), and I used some retired designer paper as well for the bottom layer. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the paper has a bit of sheen to it, almost like silver. I stamped the car on Smoky Slate with Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder, then fussy cut it and popped it up on the white layer. The trailing cans and balloons are stamped in Basic Gray. I decided to add a bit of Wink of Stella to the balloons after assembling the card and, wouldn't you know it, the Wink dripped out of the pen onto my card! I should know better, since something similar to this has happened to me before, but this wasn't too bad.


(A few years ago I was making some cards for a friend who was going on a Disney cruise to use with their family's "fish extender gifts." I didn't even know what those were until I Googled it! Anyway, I was adding the silver Dazzling Details to the stars after assembling the cards, and the nozzle was clogged. I squeezed a bit too hard and this was the result! My friend thought it looked like glittery cat poo!) That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

As I mentioned, the wedding card is for the speed challenge at As You See It, and the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches


This card will be going in the mail today, because the wedding is on Friday. Wishing lots of love and happiness to the happy couple!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Beautiful Ride (retired)
Paper - Whisper White and Smoky Slate Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Neutrals DSP (retired)
Ink - Versamark, Basic Gray Classic, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Clear Wink of Stella, Black Embossing Powder
Tools - Heat Tool, Paper Snips, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love the punch buggy! So fun for a wedding! I don't think I've ever made card in 10 minutes or less!!!! I'm such a slow crafter! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! The sketch is great and I like the DSP you've used - it really ties the card together. The Wink of Stella adds some subtle bling while the 'love bug' is adorable! Thanks for joining in our speed challenge this week at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little love bug....but the glittery poo made me laugh out loud!! It must be fun stamping with you! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, Cindi! I think you were brave, fussy cutting something in a speed challenge, but obviously you are skilled at it! I like the touch of bling on the balloons, and I laughed at your glitter poo story. It really does look like glittery cat poo! Thanks for daring to join us in our speed challenge at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are speedy for sure! Great card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!