Sunday, May 28, 2023

Grad Cards!

 Hello and welcome back! Here are a couple more cards for today:

This first card is for the sketch challenge at the Paper Players. I rotated it 90 degrees to fit my design elements.


Both cards share some characteristics: I used the same number dies, the same stamp for the sentiment, and created the graduation cap the same way. But I created each one in the recipient's respective school colors and the second design is different.

You can see in the photo below how I cut two sets of numbers and offset them to create a shadow effect.


This second card started out as a vertical "O" for my nephew's high school, but as I started die-cutting the pieces, things got out of whack and it was easier to just rotate it and change the design a bit. There's still a resemblance to the grad announcement but it's not as obvious now.



I'm entering this one in the Retro Rubber Challenge.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Bravo (from 2015-2016 Annual Catalog), B.Y.O.P. (from 2016-2017 Annual Catalog)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Blueberry Bushel, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Basic White, and Real Red Cardstock

Ink - Blueberry Bushel, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Write Markers - Crushed Curry, Real Red

Accessories - Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon, Real Red Woven Satin Ribbon

Tools - Big Shot, Basics 3D Embossing Folder, Alphabet a la Mode Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, Balloon Framelits Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love your grad cards! Awesome ideas! That's my favorite EF from that bundle. It looks great on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous! I love the little shading you gave the letters....really makes them pop! I am sure both grads will appreciate them! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards and coordinating envelopes are great, Cindi! I was hoping someone would rotate the layout for a horizontal card, and here you are! Thank you for sharing with us this week at The Paper Players.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!