Sunday, May 28, 2023

Moon Baby Girl

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This card was inspired by the challenges at Color Throwdown and Try Stampin on Tuesday. (I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to fit my design.)



A woman I sing with in a community chorale just had a baby girl this week so naturally, I had to make a card! Baby cards are my favorite, and I keep coming back to this stamp set. Normally I would have colored the moon with yellow, but since the color challenge did not include that, I improvised with the gray. The moon really is that color anyway! I stamped the image on Smoky Slate cardstock and added some texture with a moon stamp, then fussy cut it and added it to the focal image. The baby is colored with Stampin Blends and I added a little glimmer paper star. I also painted a couple of the embossed stars on the background with Clear Wink of Stella. I think you can see it in the photo below. Also barely noticeable is the Pecan Pie outline on the scalloped label that I created by edging with the brush end of a Stampin Write marker. It adds a bit of definition, along with popping the piece up with dimensionals.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Moon Baby

Paper - Smoky Slate, Basic White, Bubble Bath, and Kraft Cardstock; Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper

Ink - Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends - Bubble Bath Dark and Light, Natural Tones SU 100 & SU 900; Stampin' Write Marker - Pecan Pie

Accessories - Clear Wink of Stella

Tools - Big Shot, Basic Borders Dies, Seasonal Labels Dies, Lucky Stars Embossing Folder, Confetti Stars Border Punch, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. What a very sweet card. I love the stars in the background. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! Love the touches of sparkle with Wink of Stella! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi what a super cute baby card! Love all the little details like the embossed background and the stitched Kraft border!! Thank you so much for joining us at TSOT once again to share your creativity and lovely card!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!