Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Hello Friend

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

Today's card was inspired by the challenges at Just Add Ink and Tic Tac Toe Challenges (left column and center row).



Ink blending is not one of my strongest skills, but I knew I needed to do it for the inspiration challenge. I tried to replicate the feeling of that sunset, then added the wreath for the silhouette. I die cut the wreath from Basic Black and Basic Gray and layered them, offsetting a bit, to get a shadow effect. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on vellum and embossed with clear embossing powder to help it stand out a bit. 



I knew I wanted to add a bow and really wanted some baker's twine to match the center of the sunset but I didn't have the right color. I tried coloring some white twine with a Stampin' Blend but didn't like the way it looked, so I added the ribbon bow instead, along with some Iridescent Rhinestones. I love the way those rhinestones pick up the surrounding colors!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - A Touch of Ink

Paper - Basic Black, Basic White, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Vellum Cardstock

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Blueberry Bushel, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Oasis

Accessories - Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder

Tools - Big Shot, Natural Prints Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brushes, Heat Tool, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Cindi... your ink blending is great! Love the card...the colors are so interesting. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dramatic effect of that wreath against the blended sunset Cindi! Thank you for joining in at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!