Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Beachy Birthday

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

This design was inspired by the challenges at Sunday Stamps, TGIF, and the Paper Players.




I made my slimline card a mini, rather than a large one and Paradise Palms was the obvious choice for a beach themed card! The background was created with Blending Brushes and I added the sand dune by fussy cutting the stamp. The dune continues the line of the ribbon that's wrapped around the DSP layer.



One of my favorite activities in the summer is going to the beach, which in my case is the public swimming area in a nearby town. It's not a beach in the traditional sense, but it does have a zero-depth entry with sand, and a large 15-foot-deep area for swimming and diving. It used to be a quarry, which is why it's so deep. I take a water aerobics class there 3 times a week, and it is the best part of my summer!


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Paradise Palms, Waves of Inspiration

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White and Pool Party Cardstock; Comfort Cafe DSP

Ink - Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pecan Pie, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories - Real Red and Burlap Ribbon Combo Pack

Tools - Big Shot, Palms Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brushes, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous....definitely evokes that paradise/beach/summer fun feeling! I am jealous of your "beach" area too! We have a quarry nearby where we used to be able to swim but sadly it's closed now. But it didn't look half as inviting as yours does! Thanks for playing with my beachy theme at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking water aerobics this summer too...first year and I am loving it...even if it is a 6:00AM class!! I love your beachy take on our sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps. Your beach scene with palms work perfectly for our "Going Slim" sketch challenge. I am a sucker for any beach themed card so you know it is gonna be a favorite of mine. -Deb Horst, DT #SOS312

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mini slim such a great alternative to the larger size and you've made such a pretty beach scene with yours, Cindi! It looks like a perfect place for summer fun! I also love your swimming area, which is such a wonderful alternative to an inside pool for water aerobics. Lucky you! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The ink blending is perfect and the color choices work so well with this weeks theme. Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Cindi - this is one of my fave sets ever, lol. Mini slim is the perfect dimension - I have to remember this! Such a beautiful scene! I'm so envious of your local "beach," too - I remember going to a spruced up "live" swimming place as a kid, such a fun place! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beachy fun card! Love this set and your design is perfect. And what a lovely place to hang out in the summer and do water aerobics! Yah! Thanks for playing along with this weeks new challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!