Thursday, July 27, 2023

Tap Tap Tap!

 Hello and welcome back! Here's today's card:

I was inspired by the tic tac toe challenge at Retro Rubber (left column - your choice, embossing, and ribbon/twine) and the sketch at Try Stampin on Tuesday.



I pulled lots of retired products from my stash for this card - again! The stamp set is from somewhere around 2014, as is the designer paper and the colored cardstock. I wanted to leave the typewriter kind of plain but felt it needed some shiny keys. I found my old gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker, but it didn't give me quite the look I wanted so I added some Clear Wink of Stella on top. I think you can see it in the photo below.


The DSP panel was dry embossed and I added some Early Espresso twine for that needed element. The gold metallic pearls in the corners were in the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Tap Tap Tap

Paper - Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Summer Starfruit, and Island Indigo Cardstock; Soho Subway DSP

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Starfruit

Accessories - Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Clear Wink of Stella, Gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker, Gold Metallic Pearls

Tools - Big Shot, Layering Squares Framelits, Stamparatus, Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. So fun, Cindi - I still have this set, too - still a fave! Love the colors and papers here - perfect for a guy, too, even! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have this set too. I think it was the set that sparked my typewriter stamp obsession. I love the background, great contrast for your b&w focal point. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, don't you just love it when you find things in your stash that are perfect for a card? It almost lets me justify not throwing anything away :-D I like how you used letter stamps for your horizontal strip to carry over the typing theme! Thank you for sharing your card and dedicated use of your stash contents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!