Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Special Birthday Card

Hello and welcome back!

Today's card is a special request. My son's girlfriend's father's birthday is coming up and they asked me to make a card for him. He is a huge Chicago Bears fan, so that really set the tone for this card.




I posted in one of my Facebook groups to find out the right colors to use, and I think these are spot on! The football was a bit of a challenge, but it wasn't too hard to make. I used the Ovals Framelits to cut out an oval from Chocolate Chip cardstock, then used the same framelit to cut off a wedge to give me the football shape. I cut a second Chocolate Chip and a Whisper White shape, using the original as a guide, and then layered the white on top of one of the brown ones. I eyeballed where the stripes would go, and cut out the remaining brown shape, then embossed it with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. I then glued the embossed pieces on top of the layered shape and added the baker's twine laces. I did have to trim the final shape because the embossing shrunk the top layer just a little bit.

Today's tip for the layered knot: Take a piece of Night of Navy seam binding and hold it on the banner longways, covering the sentiment. Gather it just a bit and attach it with the handheld stapler. Place the Pumpkin Pie ribbon on top and tie a single knot over it. Voila!

I hope John likes this card, and I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!