Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back from Convention!

Hello and welcome back! This is my first post since returning from Inspire Create Share 2015 in Salt Lake City. It is always a bit of a whirlwind and my head is spinning with lots of new ideas. Today's card is based on one that was demonstrated on the main stage by Pam Morgan.



This card uses one of the stamp sets in the new Holiday Catalog, which will be available on September 1. I actually won this set in a Prize Patrol! It's called "To You and Yours," and is designed to be used with a new card kit in the catalog.

The technique to create it was something new to me, so let me try to describe how I made this. The silhouette design is stamped on a square of vellum with Whisper White Craft Ink, and the stars are stamped on a square of Smoky Slate cardstock, also with craft ink. When the ink is dry, flip the vellum over so that the inked side of the vellum is touching the inked side of the cardstock and adhere the two pieces together. I used Tombow glue - just a little dot in each corner. The frame was cut out with two of the Squares Framelits, and the whole assembly was attached with dimensionals. If you wanted to kick this up a notch, you could highlight the embossed stars by sponging them with white craft ink.

Here's a tip I picked up at convention for this card - when you stamp the silhouette, the ink may not fill in the image as much as you would like. Simply take a sponge dauber with craft ink and dab it on the image until it is solid. Easy peasy!

I hope you like this card, and if you're looking for ideas for Christmas (and Halloween and Thanksgiving!), check out the new catalog when it goes live. And as always, you can shop in my online store by clicking the button on the right.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!