Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Fancy Fold for the Paper Craft Crew!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the tic-tac-toe challenge at the Paper Craft Crew


I decided to make a card using the middle row - leaves, fancy fold, and baker's twine. And here is my card:


I found the tutorial for this fancy fold at The Craft Spa (thanks, Amanda James!).

Since one of the elements I needed was leaves, the Rooted in Nature suite was the perfect fit. I even had some 12 x 12 Soft Suede in my stash from several years ago, so it was just what I needed for the card base. There are a lot of little bits and pieces to this card, but it goes together pretty quickly. 

The front is kind of plain, and it doesn't stay closed very well, so I created a belly band to keep it together. It turned out to be the perfect place to add the baker's twine!




The Nature's Poem DSP had lots of patterns with leaves, so that was very helpful.

This will be a birthday card for a dear friend - I hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Rooted in Nature
Paper - Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Whisper White cardstock, Nature's Poem DSP
Ink - Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron
Accessories - Nature's Twine
Tools - Big Shot, Nature's Roots Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Simply Scored, Tombow Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Fast Fuse

1 comment:

  1. Now that is one fancy fold! I love how it shows off the fabulous DSP, and the focal panel inside is gorgeous, with the 2 die cut trees. Thanks for joining our Paper Craft Crew challenge, Cindi! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!