Monday, October 29, 2018

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Hello and welcome back! Once again today I have a card that is not for a challenge. Some friends have moved from suburban Chicago to suburban Atlanta and into a brand new home. Definitely a card-worthy occasion!


My inspiration for this card came from Brian King. Instead of using DSP for the first layer, I made my own using some retired Soft Sky cardstock and the Buffalo Check stamp. My Stamparatus was really helpful for this because I needed to ink up the stamp a couple of times to really get good coverage. I turned the check into a plaid by drawing lines through the pattern with a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. The birdhouses are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Stampin' Blends. I got the outside sentiment from the retired host set In the City and the inside sentiment from the retired set Home Life (sorry, no pic of the inside). It went together pretty quickly.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Flying Home (retired), Buffalo Check, In the City (retired), Home Life (retired)
Paper - Crumb Cake, Soft Sky (retired), and Whisper White cardstock
Ink - Call Me Clover, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Stampin' Blends
Tools - Stamparatus, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!