Friday, October 26, 2018

Iowa Hawkeye birthday card

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is not for a challenge - unusual for me! A friend who is an Iowa Hawkeyes fan had a birthday this week, so I wanted to make something special just for her. What do you think?


I got some inspiration from Pinterest and changed the card up just a bit. Instead of using DSP for the punched pieces, I used the Hawkeyes colors and ran the pieces through my Big Shot with the Subtle Dynamic embossing folder. The base layer is also embossed.


Since this is a birthday card, I used the Happy Birthday thinlit and cut it out of gold foil paper and black cardstock. I added the multi-purpose adhesive sheet to the back of the cardstock before die cutting and layered the die cuts so they would stick up a bit. It's a lot easier than trying to put dimensionals on the back!


A couple of gold sequins added for bling, and it's done! I hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Endless Birthday Wishes (retired, for inside sentiment)
Paper - Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock, Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Gold Sequin Trim (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlit, Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder, Tailored Tag Punch, Tombow Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!