Sunday, November 8, 2020

Card of the Day - High Tide

Hello and welcome back! I haven't posted for a couple of days because I've been "attending" On Stage @ Home. I really missed being able to hang out with my stamping friends in Salt Lake City but it was nice to have an opportunity to see some new products and get some training from the home office and other successful demonstrators from around the world. You are going to love the January-June mini catalog when it comes out!

Anyway, today I'm continuing with my personal challenge to use my unloved stamp sets. Here's today's card:


This set has been out for a few years but I only purchased it recently. The design was inspired by a couple of challenges. I stamped the lighthouse on Shimmery White cardstock and then masked it with a sticky note so I could sponge the background.


It's hard to see in this photo but I added some Wink of Stella to the beams of light just to give them a bit more shimmer. I stamped the sentiment on vellum and adhered it with mini glue dots. Unfortunately, they showed through the paper so I added the epoxy droplets to cover them. The black layer was embossed with the Brick & Mortar folder and then sponged with white craft ink.

I'm entering this card in the challenges at Freshly Made Sketches and As You See It.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - High Tide, Hold on the Hope
Paper - Shimmery White, Basic Black, and Basic Gray Cardstock; Vellum Cardstock
Ink - Flirty Flamingo, Petal Pink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray, Jet Black Staz-On, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories - Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, Clear Wink of Stella
Tools - Big Shot, Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots




 

6 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous use of the challenge colours! The dark, embossed frame highlights the tranquility of the central image. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created such a lovely scene! I love the vellum for the sentiment - and the background of brick. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed both challenges! Love all the things that Kim said too. I can see the light beam shimmer! I love that lighthouse set -- it will always be a staple for me! Thank you for playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card at FMS and had to come and add my kudos to you! Your scene is beautiful. I love the soft colors contrasting the strong lighthouse image. The sentiment is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect setting for our challenge colours, Cindi! I love that brick background panel, and the vellum sentiment panel. I also love that you used Wink of Stella on your lighthouse light beam. Don't you hate it when it doesn't show up in photos?? Thanks for adding your talents to our gallery at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the brick background and the vellum for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the As You See It Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!