Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cards for sweet September birthdays!

Hello and welcome back! Today I'm featuring the card I'm sending to my friends with September birthdays. One will also be going to my niece, whose birthday I forgot on August 30. Sorry, Michelle! 



I know it's fall, but this stamp set really called for spring colors. I may try it again with some fall colors for October... I pulled a couple of things from my retired products for this card - the Pink Pirouette taffeta ribbon, and the Curly Label and Modern Label punches. The flowers and leaves were colored in using a Blender Pen and ink pads and some accents with a So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker. I think this new Brick Wall embossing folder is the perfect background for this wreath.

Today's tip - when creating the wreaths with the Wonderful Wreath framelits, cut the inside circle first, then stamp the wreath and cut the outside circle. The stamp is photopolymer so you can see where to stamp. If you stamp and then try to cut the inside, it's hard to see where to line up the framelit because of the border. Hope this makes your life easier! 

Bonus tip - in order to save paper, I used the Whisper White cardstock that I layered to stamp and cut out the wreath. Once you layer it, no one will know that there is a big hole in the middle!

I hope my friends like their birthday cards, and I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!