Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Card of the Day - A Little Lace

Hello and welcome back! Today's card was inspired by a post in a Facebook group that I'm in. One of the members said that she had lots of stamp sets that have never seen ink and that she was going to make a card each day with a never-used set, working alphabetically through her collection, starting with retired sets. I have a feeling that would take me a really long time! But I thought I'd take up the challenge starting with current sets. (I don't know that I'll make one every day, but if I can do a couple days a week, I'll be satisfied!) My first unused set is A Little Lace. I found some design inspiration in the catalog and chose some colors from a challenge blog.


I used the coordinating dies to create the lace background and fussy cut the stamped element after coloring with Stampin' Blends. The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then punched with the Lovely Labels Pick-a-Punch


I also added a bit of ribbon and a die-cut oval. If I were to make this card again, I might try stamping the main element on Crumb Cake. It's a little stark on Whisper White, but the colors definitely show up better on white.

This card is for the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - A Little Lace
Paper - Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White Cardstock; 2020-2022 In Color DSP
Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Stampin' Blends: Misty Moonlight Dark and Light, Crumb Cake Dark and Light, Night of Navy Light
Accessories - Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Lace Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Lovely Labels Pick-a-Punch, Paper Snips, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful card, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - this is a tough bundle to use and I think you pulled it off nicely with this color challenge. Well done. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!