Saturday, October 31, 2020

Card of the Day - Country Home Hello

Hello and welcome back! I've taken the week off, but today I'm getting back into my personal challenge. Today's stamp set is Country Home. I bought this when it first came out two years ago, but it has gotten no love from me, until today.



I found a sketch challenge and a color challenge to help inspire my design. The milk can and bouquet are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Stampin' Blends. I needed something chartreuse so I pulled out a bit of the retired Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to make a banner. One I photographed it, I was surprised to see how close the Old Olive Stampin' Blends are to that color.

Of course, after the card was assembled and photographed I thought of a couple of changes I could make. I'd add red rhinestones to the bouquet and use Lemon Lime Twist ribbon instead of the cardstock banner. Oh well, next time!



This card is for the challenges at Color Throwdown and Paper Craft Crew.



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Country Home
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White, Real Red, and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
Ink/Coloring Tools - Memento Tuxedo Black and Real Red ink; Stampin' Blends: Crumb Cake Dark and Light, Granny Apple Green Dark, Real Red Dark, Mossy Meadow Dark and Light, Old Olive Dark and Light
Tools - Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips

2 comments:

  1. Great CAS design! I think it's perfect just the way it is. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! The colors are fantastic and it is so clean and simple!! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!