Thursday, January 13, 2022

Slimline Healing Hugs

Hello and welcome back! I got my first big order from the new mini and SAB catalogs yesterday so I decided to use the Slim Card Dies to make a card for someone in my church choir who recently had surgery.

I used the die to cut the front panel from both Calypso Coral and Pale Papaya, then inlaid some of the pieces. Eventually, I'll make another card from what is left over using the Pale Papaya base. I think this will take some experimenting to feel comfortable with. Once the inner pieces are out, the remaining border piece is very floppy and hard to work with. I thought about using an adhesive sheet but decided against it. Maybe next time...



 I tied some Just Jade gingham ribbon around the card front before adding the sentiment but thought it still needed something more. Iridescent Rhinestones to the rescue! The largest ones fit perfectly.

The color combination for this card came from the challenge at The Paper Players and I'm also entering it in the Designer's Choice challenge at SUO Challenges.


Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!

--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - So Sentimental, Dandelion Wishes (inside sentiment)

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White, Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, and Just Jade Cardstock

Ink - Just Jade

Accessories - Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo, Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels

Tools - Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Slim Card Dies, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

8 comments:

  1. That gingham ribbon couldn't be any cuter on your cheerful and uplifting card. Your inlaid die cut is beautifully done too. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Cindi! I haven't tried the slimline style much yet, but this is amazing! GREAT use of the dies, and I love the Jade over the other colors! Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute with the inlaid die cuts! Perfect way to use the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inlaid diecuts Cindi and those iridescent rhinestones add a wonderful touch of bling! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi, I love slim line cards and this is a beauty! Your dies are fabulous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cindi love what you have created using these dies and as you say those iridescent rhinestones fit great and finish the card off perfectly. Thanks for taking part in the SUOchallenge hope to see you on the next one x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindi, this is such a clever card and I love the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and we look forward to having you back again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I salute your patience for doing the inlay on that die! I've done smaller images (like fancy butterflies) and it seems to take forever :) The results here are stellar though, great use of the Paper Players colors. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge starting today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!