Sunday, January 25, 2015

Can You Case It? 54 - Designer's Choice Challenge

Hello and welcome back! This week's challenge at Can You Case It? is a Designer's Choice Challenge, which means pretty much anything goes! You can use any colors, stamp sets, designs - the sky is the limit! So, without further ado, here's my card:



And here's the inside:



I was inspired to try this design when I saw a video tutorial on Split Coast Stampers by Julie Davison, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Central Illinois. It's hard to tell from the photo, but this card is kind of 3-D.

I got my first box of product from the new Occasions Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration brochure this week, so I absolutely had to use some of it for this week's card. I used Julie's tutorial, but changed the dimensions just a bit so my card would be a bit wider. It will still fit in a standard A2 envelope.

I used some Pool Party Core'dinations cardstock from my stash for the base. Stampin' Up! doesn't sell this any more, but you could use any 12 x 12 cardstock. I cut my cardstock at 5-1/2 x 12, and scored along the 12-inch side at 4, 7-1/2, 8, and 11-1/2. Instead of a circle punch, I used one of the Window Frames Framelits to add the opening. Everything else followed Julie's tutorial. I like the extra dimension you get from the pop-up.

For the front of the card, I was very excited to try my new Butterfly Thinlits. There are several technique videos out there that show the best way to cut these butterflies out with minimal effort, but my favorite tutorial is by Patty Bennett. All you need is some wax paper and a dryer sheet, and your butterfly will pop right out. I layered my Crushed Curry butterfly with one cut from vellum paper, and then added the baker's twine bow.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!