Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas cards - part 3

Hello and welcome back! Merry Christmas to all! As promised, here is the third of the cards I sent this year:


For this card I only used two retired products - the Brushed Silver cardstock and the 1/8" silver ribbon. When I first saw this bundle in the Holiday Catalog, I think the framelits spoke to me before the stamp set. I love this border - it looks like a doily to me!

The card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock, with a layer of the Brushed Silver. (I wish they would bring back these Brushed Silver and Gold cardstocks.) On top of that is a layer of regular Whisper White which has been die-cut with the doily from the Detailed Baubles Framelits, which allows the Brushed Silver to show through. The sentiment from Beautiful Baubles has been stamped with Night of Navy ink. The ornament has been stamped on Night of Navy cardstock with Versamark, then embossed with silver embossing powder and cut out with a Layering Circle framelit. I popped it up with some Stampin' Dimensionals and centered it over the doily cutout, then added the ribbon knot at the top. Not too complicated at all!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day! Card #4 is coming up tomorrow.

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Beautiful Baubles
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Brushed Silver Cardstock (retired); Whisper White and Night of Navy Cardstock
Ink - Versamark, Night of Navy
Accessories - 1/8" Silver Ribbon (retired), Silver Embossing Powder
Tools - Big Shot, Heat Tool, Detailed Baubles Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Die Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!