Friday, December 28, 2018

SSC 194 - Sketch Challenge

Hello and welcome back! I'm taking a break from my Christmas cards today to show you a new birthday card for a challenge. Here it is:




Once again, I've pulled some DSP out of my stash of retired products. This is from It's My Party. It was a nice big stack of 48 sheets of 12 x 12 paper, so I've got a lot to work with.

The card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock with a layer of one of the DSP patterns. I cut a rectangle of another pattern and backed it with a layer of Pool Party, then tied the It's My Party bakers twine around it before adding it to the front of the card. The circle for the sentiment is Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and backed with Pool Party die cut with the Layering Circles Framelits. "happy" is from the Well Written Thinlits in the upcoming Occasions Catalog (available January 3) and "birthday" is from the coordinating Well Said stamp set. While the bundle for these two items is a bit pricey, there are so many possibilities with these products, so well worth the spend. And when you buy the bundle, you get a 10% discount, so there's that! :)



I also made a few cards for belated birthdays with Melon Mambo/Basic Black bakers twine.





And here is why I rarely toss my scraps when creating cards. 



The circle at the upper right was left over from one of my Christmas cards, seen here. It turned out to be the perfect size for me to cut the circle I needed for these birthday cards. The skinny circle on the left is all that was left over. I probably won't save that!

This card is for the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps



Hopefully I can get these in the mail today, since some of them are already late! 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Well Said
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; It's My Party DSP (retired); Whisper White, Crushed Curry, and Pool Party Cardstock
Ink - Crushed Curry
Accessories - It's My Party Baker's Twine
Tools - Big Shot, Well Written Thinlits, Layering Circles Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Multi-Purpose Adhesive Sheets, SNAIL, Tombow Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, Cindi - great combo of papers, colors and details - this is so buttoned-up! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindi, Great card! From the papers to the color combo...it all came together for a fab Birthday card! Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the fun colors and great designer papers. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!