Sunday, February 8, 2015

CYCI 56 - Color Challenge

Hello and welcome back! This week's challenge at Can You Case It? is a color challenge.


CYCI 56

These colors kind of scream "Valentine," but since I've made a bunch of those over the past few weeks, I felt like I needed to do something different, so here it is:



I've been wanting to ink up this Lotus Blossom set because I've seen lots of beautiful cards made with it. Many of them use two colors of ink to stamp the flower, but I decided to try it with just one. If you want to see how to get this effect, check out this video. I selected this DSP because the design reminded me of the flower, but it was a bit busy for the background, so I softened it with a layer of vellum. It still seemed like too much, so I slipped the half of a doily under the vellum as well. I think it helped a lot.

Did you know that you can get this stamp set for FREE during Sale-A-Bration? As a matter fact, that's the only way you can get it! Just place a $50 order from any current catalog, and you can choose this set as your free item from the Sale-A-Bration flyer. There are also lots of other wonderful stamp sets and accessories that are available for free. Check out my online store, or contact me for a hard copy of the catalogs.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!