Sunday, February 1, 2015

CYCI 55 - Sketch Challenge

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the design team at Can You Case It? We've got a sketch challenge for you this week.



The design team has lots of great ideas - here's mine:


CYCI55

I've been wanting to ink up this stamp set ever since I got it! The Sweetie Pie set with the little girls was cute (and sold out very quickly!), but since I have boys, I was much more drawn to this one. This is also the first time I've used my Blendabilities alcohol markers. The Skin Tone Assortment is perfect for coloring in these little guys!

To make the framed picture, I stamped the round frame on Baked Brown Sugar cardstock with BBS ink and punched it out with the 2-inch circle punch. I stamped the head with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the face with the Ivory marker and the hair with the Mocha marker. I'm planning to put together a "cheat sheet" with the different skin tones and hair colors for reference, so watch for that! I used the 1-1/2 inch circle framelit to cut out the head and glued it onto the frame circle. I stamped the picture wire with Baked Brown Sugar onto the DSP, added a silver mini brad for the nail, and popped up the frame with dimensionals. Doesn't this DSP look just like wallpaper? All in all, a pretty simple card, but stinkin' cute, don't you think?

I look forward to seeing what you will create!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!