Monday, February 2, 2015

Paper Plunge 19 - Ribbon Challenge

Hello again! I'm back with this week's entry for The Paper Plunge challenge. This week is a ribbon challenge - how creative can you be with ribbon? I've done a few unusual things with ribbon in the past, so it was a bit challenging to come up with something new, but I tried my best. And here it is:


Paper Plunge 19

For this challenge, I basically decided that tulle is ribbon! I had a small bolt of white tulle in my stash, so I thought it was time to bring it out. It was originally 6 inches wide, but I trimmed it down. There are 6 pieces that are about 3-1/2 inches wide by 4-1/2 inches high. I ran a gathering stitch across the center horizontally and pulled it tight. I then snipped the tulle toward the center to create "petals." I used a couple of glue dots to attach it to the card front and then added a double fork bow made from the 1/4 inch cotton ribbon to the center of the tulle flower. In these colors, this could be a wedding card, or maybe even a new baby girl card, but you could change up the color scheme to fit any occasion.

I fell in love with this stamp set as soon as I saw it at the Catalog Kickoff! And the bonus is that it is a Sale-A-Bration set, which means that you can get it for FREE with a $50 order from a current catalog. There are lots of other wonderful stamp sets and accessories that you can choose from, so check out my online store or contact me to place your order.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. VERY beautiful, Cindi! I love the way you used tulle on this card! Thank you so much for joining us week after week at The Paper Plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ribbon treatment! I am going to have to try this. I love tulle on a card. Thanks for playing with us this week at TPP.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!