Wednesday, October 18, 2017

JAI 381 - Happy Retirement

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the challenge at Just Add Ink.


And here is today's card:



I had also planned to enter this card in the sketch challenge at Paper Craft Crew, but I just missed the deadline. Oh, well...

I don't usually make square cards but the PCC sketch was square, so here we are! The first image that came to my mind was the flower pot from A Flower for All Seasons, so I wanted to find two more images that coordinated with it, but would fit on smaller circles. I think these work okay. The single flower is from Grateful Bunch and the ladybug is from Sharing Sweet Thoughts. All images were colored in with Stampin' Write markers because I haven't received my new Stampin' Blends yet. I backed the sentiment piece with a bit of old ribbon to make it stand out a bit more, then added the gold sequins for some bling. One of my high school friends just retired after working for the government for almost 40 years, so I think I'll be sending this off to her.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp sets - A Flower for All Seasons, Grateful Bunch, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper - Whisper White, Crushed Curry, So Saffron Cardstock; Color Theory DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Real Red Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories - Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon (retired), Metallics Sequin Assortment (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Washi Tape Punch (retired), Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet happy card Cindy to celebrate a momentus life change. Love the sunflowers (I still have that set tucked away somewhere too!) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card to celebrate retirement Cindy. The colours are so pretty and I love your placement of the circles and how the individual images work together so beautifully to create such a happy scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, whimsical card for someone about to retire. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!