Thursday, October 5, 2017

AYSI 159 & CTS 241 - It's a Good Day!

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the collection challenge at As You See It and the sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.



And here is today's card:


The first product that came to mind when I was considering the sketch and the stripes in the collection was the retired Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I embossed a strip of Night of Navy cardstock, then sponged Whisper White Craft Ink on the stripes to bring them out. My only regret is that the strip of cardstock wasn't quite long enough to reach all the way to the end of the card. Oh, well...

I wanted to keep the card monochromatic, so my accents are in Marina Mist. I love the Stitched Shapes Framelits - it seems like I use them on most of my cards! That little bit of stitching detail adds just the right touch.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Best Birds
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Night of Navy, Marina Mist, and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Night of Navy, Whisper White Craft
Accessories - Regals Collection Brads (retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Stylish Stripes TIEF (retired), Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Birds & Blooms Thinlits, Tags & Labels Framelits (retired), Sponge Daubers, Paper Piercer, SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love that little bird, Cindi! You've worked in all the elements very naturally and I like that you stuck to a monochromatic colour scheme. It gives your design a very clean look. Thanks for playing along at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the stitched framelits are excellent. I use mine a lot too. They've made a great 'nest' for that lovely bird. Using white to bring out the stripes is a great idea that's worked well. I quite like that the striped strip doesn't reach all the way up - it looks completely planned! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!