Friday, September 29, 2017

SIP 118 & PCC 261 - Thank You Gift Box

Hello and welcome back! Today's project is for the "anything but a card" challenge at Stamp Ink Paper and the color challenge at Paper Craft Crew.







And here is today's project:


I've had this stamp set for almost a year and had not yet inked it up, so the SIP challenge offered the perfect opportunity. I have to say that the colors in the PCC challenge were not something I would have come up with on my own, so this project was a bit of a stretch!

I used Cajun Craze cardstock to create the box, added the Lemon Lime Twist in the ribbon, stamping, and inserts inside the box, and stamped the main part of the sentiment in Tranquil Tide.  I also added some stamping on the sides of the box with Tranquil Tide, but didn't stamp until the box was already assembled, so that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Note to self: plan all stamping BEFORE assembly! :)


I popped up the sentiment on top of the box and threaded the ribbon underneath and tied the bow. The center of the sentiment was fussy cut and popped up with the Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I love these little buggers!

Technique tip - To round the corners on the sentiment piece, I used the punch on the back side of the Envelope Punch Board.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Window Shopping
Paper - Cajun Craze, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White cardstock
Ink - Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide
Accessories - Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Precision Plate, Window Box Thinlits, Envelope Punch Board, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Cindi and so pretty with our color challenge. Thank you so very much for participating with us at the Paper Craft Crew this week. We hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable project and great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week for our Anything But a Card Challenge and Paper Craft Crew for our color Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this die and haven't used it much, so I am happy to see it here! Cute as can be, and yes, stamping first is probably the best bet, LOL! But it still looks awesome! Great idea about rounding the sentiment piece, I will remember that! Thanks for sharing this with us at SIP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!