Friday, September 29, 2017

PP 363 - Happy Birthday

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the sketch challenge at The Paper Players.



And here is today's card:



As you can see, I turned the sketch on its side. I decided to go with a monochromatic look, which I think will work as a masculine card. The addition of the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon really pops against the Dapper Denim cardstock!

I embossed the "HAPPY" with the Celebrations Duo embossing folder, then used one of the stamps from the Happy Celebrations stamp set to stamp over the letters, revealing them. I used Dapper Denim, stamped off once. The stamping was a little blotchy, but I think it looks okay on this card. The crackle background from the Color Theory DSP Stack added the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Happy Celebrations
Paper - Whisper White and Dapper Denim Cardstock, Color Theory DSP Stack
Ink - Dapper Denim
Accessories - Lemon Lime Twist 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Celebrations Duo TIEF, SNAIL, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. What a fun technique! Love the blue and green together! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!