Thursday, September 7, 2017

AYSI 157 & TGIFC 123 - A Sympathy Card

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the sketch challenge at As You See It and the color challenge at TGIFC.


And here is today's card.



For this card, I went with a clean and simple look. I first tried stamping the background flourish with Peekaboo Peach but it was a bit too garish, and when I tried stamping off, it was too faint. I think the Soft Sky looks much better. I used the Peekaboo Peach for the die cut flower, layering two of them together. Once again, I pulled out my Stitched Shapes Framelits. They sure get a lot of use!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Flourishing Phrases
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Peekaboo Peach, and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Early Espresso, Soft Sky
Accessories - Basic Pearl Jewels
Tools - Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Flourish Thinlits, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Stamp-a-ma-Jig

4 comments:

  1. So clean and crisp and pretty. Lovely design and use of the colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at the As You See It Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Soft Sky is a great choice for the background. It's funny how sometimes our ideas for a card changes with a bit of trial and error! I like your layered circle as it shows off that glorious bloom beautifully. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely design, Cindi! You've managed to take a detailed design and make it CAS at the same time. I love the contrasts in the way you've used the Early Espresso! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card, luv the colors and flowers...I am so glad you played along with the
    As you see it!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!