Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Hidden Treasure!

Hello and welcome back! This card is a bonus this week - I was cleaning my stamp studio and found a stash of anniversary cards that I made back in February, but never mailed. Oops! They were not made for a challenge, so I never posted them, but here they are today!



As you can see, I was going for a rustic look. I don't even remember if I was inspired by something on Pinterest or if I just made it up myself. I have used the burlap before for die cuts. It cuts very well with the original steel-ruled Sizzix dies, but the framelits do a serviceable job as well. I needed to trim a bit where the die didn't cut all the way through, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I added the three trims tied together with linen thread and used a glue dot to attach it to the center of the heart. The simple "happy anniversary" sentiment is stamped inside.

So there's your bonus for this week - hope you like it! (and now I can mail these!)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - So In Love (retired)
Paper - Crumb Cake Cardstock
Ink - Early Espresso
Accessories - Very Vanilla 1/4" Satin Ribbon (retired), Victoria Lace Trim (retired), 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, Burlap Fabric (non-Stampin' Up!)
Tools - Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits (retired), Woodgrain TIEF (retired), SNAIL, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!