Sunday, October 15, 2017

SIP 120 - Happy Birthday

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the color challenge at Stamp Ink Paper.


I have to say that these colors scream "Halloween" to me, but I don't send Halloween cards and since I just made one yesterday for another challenge, I needed to go in a different direction. And then I thought, "These colors are perfect for cake icing," so I pulled out the Icing on the Cake stamp set and made this:



The shell borders are the perfect size to frame the top layer of the card, and look great in that Lemon Lime Twist. The flowers and sentiment are stamped in Pumpkin Pie (my favorite orange shade!), but how to add the black was eluding me. Then it hit me - add a layer under the cake for a cake board! I wish I had some black glimmer paper - that would have been perfect! 

The flowers and leaves were fussy cut and added to the top, and I added a flower to the front of the envelope as well. I usually forget about the envelope, but stamping it adds a nice touch.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp set - Icing on the Cake
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist
Tools - Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is sweet Cindi, I like the little flowers on your "Cake". Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!