Monday, July 3, 2017

She's Here! - Welcome baby!

Hello and welcome back! Today's project is something I made for my brand-new grand-niece, who was just born last week. She lives 800 miles away so I've only seen pictures, but she is perfect! Compared to the bruisers I gave birth to many years ago, she is a little peanut, only weighing 6 lbs. 9 oz. 




The colors in her room are blue and gray, but since she is a perfect princess, I had to add some sparkly pink! There is a mix of current and retired products in this project - luckily, I have a huge stash of old stuff!



I love the additional sparkle you get from Wink of Stella - I just wish it would photograph better! It's on the moon and the stars. I stamped the sleeping baby image from the Moon Baby stamp set, but removed the ink from the string holding the star before stamping. I fussy cut the image, then added the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper star with some Whisper White Bakers Twine that I poked through the image.

The letters spelling out her name are cut from the retired Blushing Bride glimmer paper using the Large Letters framelits. Her name was a perfect fit for this size project! For the corner elements I used some retired buttons and more glimmer paper.

Here's what it looks like all framed up:



I'll be taking it to the UPS Store and letting them pack it so hopefully the glass won't break on the way. I don't know when I'll get a chance to actually meet her in person, but I hope it won't be too long. Welcome to the world, Jocelyn Rose!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used:

Stamp sets - Moon Baby, Project Life Date It (retired), Happy Happenings (retired), Occasions Alphabet (retired)
Paper - Smoky Slate and Soft Sky cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Naturals White cardstock (retired), Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper (retired), light gray textured cardstock (non-SU)
Ink - Basic Gray Archival; Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray Stampin' Write Markers, Clear Wink of Stella
Accessories - Delicate White Doilies, Subtles Designer Buttons (retired), Whisper White Bakers Twine
Tools - Big Shot, Large Letters Framelits, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (retired), Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retired), SNAIL, Tombow Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals




Measurements:
1 - Soft Sky - 8-1/2" x 8-1/2", Naturals White - 8-1/4" x 8-1/4"
2 - Smoky Slate - 7-3/4" x 2-3/4", Naturals White - 7-1/2" x 2-1/2"
3 - Soft Sky - 2"w x 2-1/4"h, Naturals White - 1-3/4"w x 2"h
4 - Smoky Slate - 3-1-4"w x 2-1/4"h, Naturals White - 3"w x 2"h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!