Monday, May 27, 2019

WWYS 221 - Timeless Textures

Hello and welcome back! Today I'm excited and honored to be a guest designer for the challenge at What Will You Stamp?



And here is my card:



Most of the cards that I've seen that use this stamp set, use it as background in subtle or neutral colors. I went in a different direction. I love rainbows and thought this set provided the perfect opportunity to try and create one.

I used a variation of the step technique on the Stamparatus to stamp the grid down the center of the card with seven different colors (in ROYGBIV order, of course), then added some textural interest with other stamps from the set. Since the top layer is so colorful, I attached it to a neutral base of Basic Gray and Smoky Slate.




The sentiment is small, but stands out with layers from the Layering Circles Framelits. Then I raided my stash to add a bow with seven strands of different colors of baker's twine.



After adding all that to the front, I couldn't just ignore the inside of the card. I used the speckle stamp from the set to create the rainbow border around the edge of the insert and added the sentiment from the Incredible Like You stamp set. And I couldn't forget the envelope either!



Well, it was fun being challenged this week. Hope you all like the card!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Timeless Textures, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Incredible Like You
Paper - Whisper White, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, and So Saffron cardstock
Ink - Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party, Balmy Blue, and Highland Heather
Accessories - Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine (all retired)
Tools - Big Shot, Layering Circles Framelits, Subtle Dynamic TIEF, Stamparatus, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Love this multicolored card. Very cool and amazing Cindi!!!Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the matching envelope Cindi! Thanks for guest designing with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!