Friday, February 14, 2020

Some Special Birthday Cards

Hello and welcome back! I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping up with cards so far in #imbringingbirthdaysback. In my last post I showed you the cards I'm sending for February, but there were a couple of birthdays that I wanted to do something special for, so here's what I made:


One of my high school friends is a beekeeper, so I CASEd this card from the current Sale-A-Bration brochure. I'm so thankful that Stampin' Up! provides us with "recipes" for the samples in the catalogs. I didn't change anything in this card, just copied it straight from the book. A handy tip: for the "honeycomb," I adhered the cardstock to a piece of a multi-purpose adhesive sheet before die cutting. It's much easier and neater than trying to use glue on such a finely detailed piece.

Another one of my friends is turning "eligible for Medicare" this month, so that called for a special card too. She and her husband have the most beautiful gardens in the spring and summer, so I thought this would be appropriate.


This card is CASEd from the January-June Mini Catalog, but I did make a couple of changes. I didn't have the embossing folder used in the sample, so I had to substitute another. Also, it's hard to see the white ink that was sponged onto the background, but it's there. I did a watercolor wash on the sentiment piece instead of sponging like the sample. I tried sponging on a piece of cardstock but it wasn't turning out the way I'd hoped.

I've got 5 more cards to get out this month; then I'll have to start on my cards for March. Hoping to be able to keep this up!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Bee card --
Stamp set - Honey Bee
Paper - Highland Heather and Whisper White cardstock, Golden Honey Bee Specialty DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Coloring Tools - Highland Heather, Purple Posy, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, and Mango Melody Stampin' Blends
Accessories - Whisper White Bakers Twine
Tools - Big Shot, Detailed Bee Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Multi-purpose Adhesive Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots

Garden Gate card --
Stamp set - Grace's Garden
Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, and Shimmery White Cardstock
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White Craft Ink, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, and Sahara Sand Classic Ink
Coloring Tools - Rococo Rose, Granny Apple Green, Petal Pink, Highland Heather, Purple Posy, and So Saffron Stampin' Blends
Tools - Big Shot, Subtle Embossing Folder, Garden Gateway Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fine-Tip Liquid Glue, Aqua Painters, SNAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!