Friday, October 16, 2020

Card of the Day - Wonderful Anniversary

Hello and welcome back! Today's card is for the many October wedding anniversaries among my family and friends.


So it's actually two cards! When I decided to use the Rainbow Glimmer Paper, I realized I could make the same design in two different colorways, one from the top half of the paper and one from the bottom half. I embossed a coordinating panel under the glimmer paper and added the sentiment banner on top stamped in another coordinating color. It still looked kind of plain and I wanted to add a vellum die cut filigree heart, but I couldn't get it to stick to the glimmer paper, so the two-piece stamped heart was Plan B. I think I like this better!





This card was inspired by the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi

Edited to add: After I posted this, I found out about a Facebook friend who was celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary, so I made a special edition just for her!





Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Bloom & Grow, Meant To Be

Paper - Whisper White Thick Cardstock; Whisper White, Magenta Madness, and Bermuda Bay cardstock; Shimmery White Cardstock; Rainbow Glimmer Paper

Ink - Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Magenta Madness, Bermuda Bay

Tools - Big Shot, Ornate Layers Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. I love both color combos! And the way you did the hearts is very sweet! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of cards! I love your use of the glimmer paper. It's gorgeous behind the two hearts and with the bold sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!