Monday, March 11, 2024

It's Been A While!

 Hello and welcome back! I can't believe this is only my third blog post this year! I haven't had much mojo and there's been some personal stuff going on so I just haven't been motivated. But my boss is celebrating a special birthday this week, so I had to make a card for her! And here it is:

This design was inspired by the following challenges: Just Add Ink, Tic Tac Toe Challenge (diagonal - metallic, free, floral), Double Trouble Challenge, and Festive Friday.







Cathy is a big Green Bay Packers fan, so I wanted to incorporate the team's colors into the card. Lucky for me that two challenges this week were looking for green and gold!

I used the Everyday Details stamp set and dies to create the focal piece, then layered it onto a base of Crushed Curry cardstock and Metallic & Shimmer DSP that was embossed with the Hammered Metal embossing folder. The texture reminds me a bit of a football. What do you think? :)

After coloring the focal piece with Stampin' Blends I added a few gold Festive Pearls to the flower centers and added a bow with gold Simply Elegant Trim. I decided to leave the front without a sentiment, and just added one inside the card.



Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping!


--Cindi


Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp set - Everyday Details

Paper - Basic White Thick Cardstock; Basic White and Crushed Curry Cardstock; Metallic & Shimmer Specialty Paper

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends: Evening Evergreen Dark and Light, Soft Succulent Dark and Light, Pumpkin Pie Light, Lemon Lolly Dark; Stampin' Write Marker: Crushed Curry

Accessories - Festive Pearls, Simply Elegant Trim

Tools - Big Shot, Everyday Details Dies, Hammered Metal Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

5 comments:

  1. All that gorgeous texture in your background really helps your focal panel to pop! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great texture in your background and your focal point using a pretty floral and vase is perfect. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh love the look of the Metalic paper. Lots of lovely details on your card. I like the way you have framed your floral image. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the gold metallic element! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #161.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling card! Your boss will love it. I understand low times of mojo! It always feels good to get it back. I hope you feel it back with making this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!