Sunday, March 8, 2020

Time for a Fun Fold!

Hello and welcome back! For today's card, I decided to try something new - a z-fold card. I don't think I've ever made one of these. Some friends are celebrating their anniversary next week and the first thing that came to mind for me was their beautiful gardens. That meant something with flowers (and coloring with Stampin' Blends)!




I've had Bloom & Grow in mind for this card for a while, but I wasn't sure exactly how to use it. A bit of surfing on Pinterest gave me this idea. The large floral pieces are popped up with Mini Dimensionals and the smaller pieces are tucked under and glued in. The coloring was the fun part! 


I wasn't sure just how much I should add to this card, but in the end, decided to let the flowers take center stage. The last panel has a bit more, but it's subtle.


I pulled out some old envelope paper since this card will not fit in a standard envelope. My color choices were limited, so I went with the Mint Macaron, even though that's not a color I used. The inside also has Whisper White but the card used Very Vanilla. Not a big deal to me.

I hope they like this card. I made one using the Grace's Garden stamp set for her birthday last month and they loved that! (You can see that one HERE.)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

--Cindi



Supplies used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamp sets - Bloom & Grow, Well Said
Paper - Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock, 2015-2017 In Colors Envelope Paper
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron
Coloring Tools: Stampin' Blends - Purple Posy Light & Dark, Flirty Flamingo Light & Dark, Granny Apple Green Light & Dark, So Saffron Dark, Highland Heather Light, Calypso Coral Light, Old Olive Light, Mango Melody Light & Dark
Tools - Big Shot, Envelope Punch Board, Budding Blooms Dies, SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your feedback is important to me!